IE 11 Integration RRS feed

• Question

• i recent upgraded to Windows 8.1.when i finalized the OS installment, i saw an option to completely turn off IE.  i just remembered that i have a link that i specifically need to access with IE. how do i reintegrate IE? or is it easier for me to just downgrade IE?

Lenovo Thinkpad T430 | Windows 8.1 pre.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:59 AM

Answers

• saw an option to completely turn off IE.

See what there is showing in Windows Features.  It is not possible to "completely turn off" browsing support for the OS but you can hide iexplore.exe by unchecking the  Internet Explorer 11  entry that should be there.  If it's not there then you will definitely have found a way to "completely turn off IE", however, I would still guess that it could be only a GPO that just hides that option.  E.g. you can prove that you still have browsing support by using msinfo32.exe Loaded Modules, sorting by Version and finding a group of .dll associated with IE, all having a version which starts with 11.0

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:46 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:35 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• saw an option to completely turn off IE.

See what there is showing in Windows Features.  It is not possible to "completely turn off" browsing support for the OS but you can hide iexplore.exe by unchecking the  Internet Explorer 11  entry that should be there.  If it's not there then you will definitely have found a way to "completely turn off IE", however, I would still guess that it could be only a GPO that just hides that option.  E.g. you can prove that you still have browsing support by using msinfo32.exe Loaded Modules, sorting by Version and finding a group of .dll associated with IE, all having a version which starts with 11.0

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:46 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:35 PM
    Answerer
  • Hey thanks that worked. It was pretty hard to find Windows's features.

ECR

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:11 PM