none
What date/time does the "ChangeTime" field of Attributes record of file record of result of "Folder.Contents" function contains? RRS feed

• Question

• I see that sometimes "ChangeTime" is much later than "Date modified" of the file record, sometimes equal, but in general it is not the same as any of the 3 dates of file record AND any of the numerous dates I can see via Windows parameters (!).

What is it? I cannot see any mention in the doc and in the Internet.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:31 PM

Answers

• The Windows API returns a FILE_BASIC_INFORMATION structure (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/ddi/content/wdm/ns-wdm-_file_basic_information). I believe "Date accessed" corresponds to LastAccessTime, "Date modified" corresponds to LastWriteTime, "Date created" corresponds to CreationTime and "ChangeTime" corresponds to ChangeTime. I don't know offhand what distinguishes ChangeTime from LastWriteTime, but I'd guess that one refers to the bytes of the file alone while the other refers (also?) to the file metadata. I imagine you can find more information by searching for the Windows API function.
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 4:49 PM