none
Task ID in Resource Usage View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm working in MS Project Professional 2010.  When I'm looking at the Resource Usage View I used to be able to see the Task ID on the tasks assigned to the resource.  Now, I can't see that and I tried adding the Unique ID and that result is not the Task Unique ID (it gives a 7 digit number that doesn't seem to apply to anything).

I'd prefer to see the ID so I know where to look for the task in the Task Sheet or Gantt View.  I know I can select the task in Resource Usage View and switch to Gantt and it'll be on that task.  But that's only if I have that Summary task expanded so it doesn't always work.

Any help on getting the Task ID to show up in the Resource Usage View?

Thanks in advance. 

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:13 PM

All replies

• vicalejandro,

You're not going to like this answer. In versions of Project previous to Project 2010, the user could show the task ID in the Resource Usage view by adding a second column of the ID field (the existing first column ID only shows the resource ID). This was not a documented feature and this ability was deleted in Project 2010. Your only option is to use VBA to copy the task ID field to an extra assignment number or text field. (e.g. Assignment Number1 or Assignment Text1). in the Resource Usage view.

You can find the basic macro code to do this copy (with a few code tweaks) in FAQ 37 - Extra fields in views, on the MVP website at, http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm#Custom%20Fields%20in%20Tables.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:17 AM