Connection is still limited after multiple trials RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am Vanessa from Tanzania. I am currently using a hp windows 8. and my connection always says limited regardless of the multiple changes. I have tried uninstalling my internet protocol version 4 TCP/IP but it has refused to uninstall. together with that i also tried rebooting my rooter and enabling and disabling my meter connection, but nothing seems to work. What do i do.. i need help asap!? plus how do i finally enable uninstallation of my internet protocol version 4 TCP/IP because i tried the ways i was given from google but sadly has failed too.

Monday, September 12, 2016 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First make sure ISP and router work properly.

For the network issue, the built-in troubleshoot tool is usually useful.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Network Adapter

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

In addition, I suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Use other static DNS

a. Click "Start" menu, type "ncpa.cpl" (without quotation marks) in Search Box and press "OK".

b. Select your local network.

c. Click Properties, then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).

d. Click Properties.

e. In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the "Preferred DNS server".

f. Click 'OK' twice to complete the modification.

2. Reset WinSock

a. Click Start, click "All programs", and click "Accessories". 

b. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c. Please enter the following command, and press Enter.

Netsh winsock reset

d. A message stating "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog" will appear. Please restart the computer.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

First make sure ISP and router work properly.

For the network issue, the built-in troubleshoot tool is usually useful.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories\Network Adapter

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

In addition, I suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Use other static DNS

a. Click "Start" menu, type "ncpa.cpl" (without quotation marks) in Search Box and press "OK".

b. Select your local network.

c. Click Properties, then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).

d. Click Properties.

e. In the Internet Protocol window, let's change the "Preferred DNS server".

f. Click 'OK' twice to complete the modification.

2. Reset WinSock

a. Click Start, click "All programs", and click "Accessories". 

b. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c. Please enter the following command, and press Enter.

Netsh winsock reset

d. A message stating "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog" will appear. Please restart the computer.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to <b>mark the replies as an answers</b> if they help and <b> unmark</b> them if they provide no help.<br/> If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? How about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:29 AM