none
How to use Win Server 2008 to act as a proxy server for another web server RRS feed

• Question

• I am having my website currently hosted in server A (located in US) www.mysite.com. All content and DB are hosted here. 
    I will like to setup a proxy server (located in Asia) that direct www.mysite.asia to server A. 

Currently Server A is running Linux.
    Proxy Server is a Window Server 2008.

Any advice?
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:41 AM

All replies

• A Server OS is not a proxy server.  You have to buy a proxy server product and install it on the Server OS.   Microsoft's "Proxy Server" product was "Threat Management Gateway 2010" but they stopped development on it.

But a proxy is not what you need anyway....

This is handled by DNS records.

"www" is a Host Name (can be represented by an A Record or by a CNAME Record)

"mysite.com and mysite.asia" are two different Domain Names. They must each have an Authoritative DNS Service "hosting" them.  This may or may not be the same Hosted DNS Service

Have the Hosted Authoritative DNS for the "mysite.asia" Domain Name have a A Record for "www" that uses the IP# for "www.mysite.com".    Or alternately have a CNAME Record for "www" that points to "www.mysite.com".  In other words you want the hostname "www" in both Domains to point to the same IP which happens to be the IP# for the Host "www" in the mysite.com Domain.

Friday, August 15, 2014 7:55 PM