Exchange 2010 Hosted Global Address List problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have searched through this problem and could not find anything relevant to my problem.

We are using a Control Panel to create hosted Exchange mailboxes. A couple of weeks ago, we faced a problem that users had 2 distinct mailbox GUID's. The Control panel person helped us to merge the mailboxes. Now everything seems to work fine except for the Global Address List.

The old users who faced the problem see an entry called "Global Address List" in their OWA, however the new users see "Default Global Address List", All Rooms, All Contact Lists etc ... in their OWA. The Global Address List is empty and the old users cannot use the Search function as well as it comes up with the error " An unexpected error occurred and your request couldn't be handled"

For users who use Outlook, the entries are available in the Offline Address List, however their Global address list is blank too.

I have tried to search through the ADSI properties for the old and the new user and could not find anything unusually different. I even tried to change the settings for old user as the same as new user. Still no go.

I have checked the permissions on Default Global Address list and it has correct permissions setup.

Please someone help me with this issue !!

Thanks,

Shishir

Friday, September 30, 2011 9:12 AM

Answers

• I corrected it. Seems that the users were not a part of the Hosted Organization Mailboxes Security Group.
    • Marked as answer by Shishir Garde Monday, October 3, 2011 7:53 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 7:53 AM

All replies