none
Include this Stage condition is not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are trying to create a demand management workflow in Project Online using SharePoint Designer 2013. Everything seems to work fine except the "Include this Stage" condition when it contains approval task assignment. If we try to skip any stage before the stage that has approval task works very well but if we try to skip to any stage after the approval task it starts from the approval task stage. Currently I have 6 stages and approval task stage is 3rd.

I have if else conditions in this stage and almost all of my other stages has if else conditions in the transition stages. I tried quite some good hours in order to search on this but couldn't find anything except one technet article which mentions this "If the workflows you build also have approvals etc that you may wish to bypass, you need to define special skip to stage logic to bypass those approvals. In 2013 that skip to stage logic is defined in the stage transitions." (source: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/a7f2faac-f7e9-48ab-916f-49f2b5f1a826/change-or-restart-workflow-and-skip-to-workflow?forum=projectonline)

Thank you and regards

Tanzim

Tanzim Akhtar

Friday, December 16, 2016 9:31 PM

All replies

• Alhamdulillaah figured it out.

We put all the logic inside the "Include this Stage" condition and in the Transition to Stage section used nested Ifs inside the "Include this Stage" condition. The workflow is skipping to the stage as desired.

Thank you and regards

Tanzim

Tanzim Akhtar

Saturday, December 17, 2016 10:17 PM