none
Need help with provisioning in AD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to FIM and need help/advice with provisioning users into AD.

We have a scenario where person objects are synchronized to FIM Portal from SQL database. Those person objects now needs to be provisioned into AD, but the request is that we must first check the existence of the destination OU for person in AD. (DN is calculated for every person based on several attributes). If that OU doesn't exist, we must update persons status (custom attribute) and send notification (mail) to our ServiceDesk. If OU exists, person needs to be provisioned into AD and placed in two security groups. 

What would be the best approach?

Thanks

Saturday, May 31, 2014 12:01 PM

All replies

• Easiest would be to synchronize OU structure to FIM Portal (you may need to extend schema here) and use workflow to check for existence / send email.

But remember that you could allow FIM to create OU structure for you if needed.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Sunday, June 1, 2014 12:59 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

Creating OU structure is out of scope for now.

So far, I managed to synchronize OUs and groups to FIM Portal and I configured outbound SR for AD users with all attribute flows. Now I need to configure workflow that will handle all that is requested. I'm stuck here.

How can I check if OU exists?

How can I then do something based on that result?

Do I need to create custom workflow activity for that type of functionality? 

Again, I'm new to FIM and this is my first task so.. anything is helpful.

Thanks

Sunday, June 1, 2014 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

You can create a specific set and apply workflow notification when the user transit in the set.

As Dominik said, you could allow FIM to create OU structure for you if needed.

You are these posts for help you :

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686263(v=ws.10).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686264(v=ws.10).aspx

Regards,

Joris

Joris Faure

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:47 AM