none
project server installation error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have all the per-requisite installed on my machine to install project server 2010 but when i try to install project server it tells check for the per-requisite....

And when i go to splash to install per-requisite it end up telling all on them r installed and enabled but sitll when i try to install project server i land up with the same error 

please let me know y is this happening...........................and wat is the solution

Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you install SharePoint first? Did you do a reboot of the machine?

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

Are you installing onto Windows Server 2012? If so I saw a similar issue and had to do a shutdown / reboot instead of just a restart to get the installer to confirm the pre-reqs had installed correctly. 

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:16 AM
  • Hi ,

Could you please share the snap shot for the error msg? Also before installing project 2010 server need to install sharepoint 2010 please keep in mind.

Regards

Jayant

Thursday, December 13, 2012 12:51 PM
  • Hello,

It is windows server 2008,i given system reboot also but still not working

Friday, December 14, 2012 9:10 AM
  • ABzzzz,

Could you please share error screenshots.

Try running Project installer using "Run as administrator"

Do you have any other office application installed on the same box?

After installing pre-req, did you install SharePoint Server?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, December 14, 2012 5:24 PM