none
Internet Explorer 11 comes up as IE 5, and says Flash is not installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I keep running into web sites that require Flash and they tell me that Flash is not installed, even though I know it is. But I follow through what it wants and let it install Flash. It installs correctly, but those same sites continue to complain about Flash. The same sites work fine in Chrome.

I also notice that some of these same sites tell me my browser is not supported saying I have IE 5 and should upgrade.

If you have IE 11, go here to see an example: http://www.hbo.com/

It seems many people in my company are automatically upgrading, since their browsers are set to check for updates, and are now having similar issues.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:11 PM

Answers

• ok, never mind. Its a case of solving a problem a minute after making a post. I hadn't thought to try using Compatibility Mode.  The HBO site wouldn't come up until I added it to the list.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:19 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear it has been fixed, and regarding to the font issue, Actually I think the font seems normal in my PC in iE11, you can long press Ctrl, then scroll your mouse wheel to adjust the webpage, or Ctrl+0 to return the webpage back to its original size.

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:04 AM

All replies

• And don't ask me what happened to that font. It came out huge and I couldn't change it.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:12 PM
  • ok, never mind. Its a case of solving a problem a minute after making a post. I hadn't thought to try using Compatibility Mode.  The HBO site wouldn't come up until I added it to the list.
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:19 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear it has been fixed, and regarding to the font issue, Actually I think the font seems normal in my PC in iE11, you can long press Ctrl, then scroll your mouse wheel to adjust the webpage, or Ctrl+0 to return the webpage back to its original size.

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:04 AM