none
Manual uninstall of PPS Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there,

I've had a problematic install of M&A on a new test server. I'm at the point where I want to strip M&A and WSS off, and reinstall them.

However, when I go to Add / Remove programs, and go to Remove PPS, it fails with 'Fatal Error during Installation'. So, I guess I'm going to have to hack it out. Could you help me list the things that need to be removed in order to do this as cleanly as possible?

IIS:

Web sites

Application Pools

SQL:

PPSMonitoring database

File System:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server     and all its contents

Registry:

Bit stuck here

Anything else? I'd be grateful for any help.

Sam

Monday, July 28, 2008 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Sam,

Please launch Monitoring Server Configuration Manager go through the Remove components see it helps

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Sam,

Please try this solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941749 see it helps

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:21 PM
  • Thanks for your help Sundar - I found that document earlier today, but when I do step 2.b

"In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Monitoring Server under Currently installed programs, and then click Remove."

It fails with a fatal error. So I can't put it on, and I can't take it off...

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:25 PM
  • Hi Sam,

Please launch Monitoring Server Configuration Manager go through the Remove components see it helps

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:10 PM
  • I actually went into configuration manager, repaired the installation, rebooted, then it seemed to let me uninstall through add / remove programs. Thanks for your help.

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:49 PM