WSUS SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have a WSUS server that is integrated with our SCCM 2007 and has the SUP role installed. We are in the process of standing up a SCCM 2012 and wondered if it is possible to use the same WSUS server from 2007 in 2012?
    Monday, March 4, 2013 3:01 PM

Answers

• Your going to want to install a new WSUS instance for the ConfigMgr 2012 Site. You could use the same WSUS server that 2007 is using but you will need to uninstall WSUS completly and re-install.

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resovled your issue

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:08 PM

All replies

• Your going to want to install a new WSUS instance for the ConfigMgr 2012 Site. You could use the same WSUS server that 2007 is using but you will need to uninstall WSUS completly and re-install.

Justin Chalfant | Blog: setupconfigmgr.com | SCUP Catalog: patchmypc.net/scup | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resovled your issue

Monday, March 4, 2013 3:08 PM
  • As long as the only thing you've ever used it for is ConfigMgr and you don't try to use it simultaneously in both hierarchies, I could actually see this working without issue. However, I could also see it possibly causing some issues. There really is no benefit to doing this though and it's very easy to simply set up a new one in the new site (on the primary site server itself depending on the number of clients you are supporting). Ultimately, I concur with Justin and would definitely recommend that you stand up a new instance.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:38 AM