Office 365 One Drive Sync Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have user who using 2 devices with the same Office 365- One Win 7 Pro, other Win 10 Pro

He always reporting to me that if he edit/change  file on Win 10 PC it take time over 2-4 hours until he see chnage on other PC -Win 7.

The only way i could fix this is to reboot both  PC,s -first Win 10 and the Win 7 PC

Any idea what i can do to allow Sync files faster ?

Regards

SIG

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 7:41 PM

Answers

• Thnaks Aaron

It is Sync OK Now

I fix some files what was too long...

Monday, March 5, 2018 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To narrow down the issue, I suggest we can try the following suggestion on your side:
    1. Create a new workbook in OneDrive online, and see if the Win10 PC and Win7 PC will sync this file in time.
    2. Create a new workbook in the OneDrive folder of Win10 PC, and see if it will sync to OneDrive online.

Please post back the results.

In the meantime, you can try to turn OneDrive desktop App Off and On again in both PC, and see if it can sync the changed file immediately.

Any updates on your side, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Aaron Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Aaron .Zhang Friday, March 2, 2018 2:09 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 10:48 AM
  • 1. Create a new workbook in OneDrive online, and see if the Win10 PC and Win7 PC will sync this file in time.
    2. Create a new workbook in the OneDrive folder of Win10 PC, and see if it will sync to OneDrive online.

ANSWER: IT WORKS - NO PROBLEMS,but reboot 2 pc,s at the same time before i start the test

i did not wait for Sync...

Note: This user is "power"user with "big ONE Drive" folder

Saturday, March 3, 2018 5:55 PM
  • Hi,

>> ANSWER: IT WORKS - NO PROBLEMS, but reboot 2 pc,s at the same time before I start the test
    I did not wait for Sync...<<
    By this, do you mean you didn’t test the Auto-Sync feature? The point of that steps is to check which side caused the delay of sync.

Please do the test and wait for it to sync.

In the meantime, you can try to turn OneDrive desktop App Off and On again in both PC, and see if it can sync the changed file immediately.

Best Regards,

Aaron Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 5, 2018 10:14 AM
  • Thnaks Aaron

It is Sync OK Now

I fix some files what was too long...

Monday, March 5, 2018 3:55 PM
  • Hi,

Glad this issue is solved. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Aaron Zhang

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:33 AM