help needed with Shortcut name RRS feed

• Question

• Before saving the sequenced package :

1 changed the icon and icon's name.

2. after streaming the icon is fine but the name is as after regular app installation.

In AppvMan the name of the icon shows my entry (that I changed).

When edit the shortcut it appears right

What is a workaround for that? Everything looks as it should in AppvMan. Could not do more in sequencer I guess.

Why on Desktop I am getting different icon name?

Please increase the size of pic. Don't no why it shows so small after submitting it is FULL size after insert...

Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:04 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:03 PM

Answers

• Try opening the .APPV file with 7-Zip and extract the AppxManifest.xml file. Check the "<appv:Extension Category="AppV.Shortcut">" section to see what is displayed here. I assume they are correct because they are displayed correctly the App-V Management Console.

If the name is incorrect or to override the configuration, you can use "....DeploymentConfig.xml" or "...UserConfig.xml" to modify the shortcuts. Use can use ACE to modify the file. Then import the XML file in the App-V Management console and override the configuration. More info here

Is this the same question posted twice? 

• Edited by RalJans Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:42 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:57 AM

All replies

• Try opening the .APPV file with 7-Zip and extract the AppxManifest.xml file. Check the "<appv:Extension Category="AppV.Shortcut">" section to see what is displayed here. I assume they are correct because they are displayed correctly the App-V Management Console.

If the name is incorrect or to override the configuration, you can use "....DeploymentConfig.xml" or "...UserConfig.xml" to modify the shortcuts. Use can use ACE to modify the file. Then import the XML file in the App-V Management console and override the configuration. More info here

Is this the same question posted twice? 

• Edited by RalJans Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:42 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:57 AM
  • Thanks for recommendation. Will do it...

No it is not the same question :). But is about the same App.

Since I didn't find Shortcuts and FA tab in sequencer.

I just sequenced another package and before saving changed the icon and Icon Name.

The final result is on my screenshot where the package name is absolutely fine. But when the icon appears on client Desktop it takes the name of standard installation.

I will follow your advice.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:42 PM