none
Objective KPI - Indicator doesn't show? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have added an objective KPI do a scorecard with four leaf kpi's - I created the objective KPI and did not change any default settings.  When added to a scorecard above the level of the leaf KPI's, the objective KPI get a + and - sign for hiding and showing the leaf members.  My leaft member have actuals with values and targets with values and an indicator - all good.  My objective KPI does not have any values which makes sense but it does not have a rollup indicator - by default I would think it would have a rollup indicator?  How do I turn on the rollup indicator in the objective KPI?   

ps. I tried searching for this since it seems a likely questions to have been asked but sadly search is broken now!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Nick.  I figured it out.  My metric name was "Target" on the Objective and "Budget" on the leaf indicators.   When I changed the metric name of the objective to be consistent with the leafs metric names, the indicator turned on. 

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi TimW,

3 things to check on your KPI.

1. Its position in the scorecard hierarchy. Is it a parent of the KPIs it needs to roll up:
    2. Target Metric calculation setting. Is it set to "No Value"? The caulatation setting is not essential in this context but it is good practice to have objective KPIs set to "No Value" for consistency
    3. Ensure the "Use calculated values of actual and target to compute score" setting in the Calculation dialog is UNchecked.

Cheers,

Nick

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:43 PM
  • Hi Nick.  I have links to pictures to aid.  Check out the Coporate Key Indicators objective (though the same applies for the other objective). 

1) the postion of the Corporate Key Indicator objective is above 4 leaf indicators that I would like to see rolledup into the objective with just the indicator image showing.

http://picasaweb.google.ca/72911e/Issues/photo#5205519862613702290

2) and 3).  The target calc. setting is "No Value" and "Use calculated values of actual and target to compute score" setting in the Calculation dialog is unchecked".

http://picasaweb.google.ca/72911e/Issues/photo#5205519815369062018

Anything else to check?

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:03 PM
  • Hi Nick.  I figured it out.  My metric name was "Target" on the Objective and "Budget" on the leaf indicators.   When I changed the metric name of the objective to be consistent with the leafs metric names, the indicator turned on. 

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:08 PM
  • Aaah!

Yes, the consistent naming of target and actual metrics within KPIs is very important when it comes to reuse.

Good pickup, Tim.

Cheers,

Nick

Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:41 AM