Sharepoint Connection Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I am an employee whom is starting to use Sharepoint for a majority of the intraoffice file sharing and communications. Some users have an issue connecting to the sharepoint sites. Usually we get an error stating that the cache could not resolve the domain properly and therefore the URL was incorrect. These same users can move to different computers and gain access to the sharepoint sites on these other computers (not all). I know this is going to be generic question, but we are being told this is an issue with the User (username to access the site). However, I am attempting to show our "tech" people this is not a problem with the usernames. I too have been able to access sharepoint through certain computers and not others. Are there any possible ideas as to what could be causing this? I am a fairly techincally savvy person, but not too familiar with sharepoint. I know this isn't a lot of information, but it's the best I can provide. Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 1:51 AM

Answers

• It sounds to me like the computers you are unable to login from are having issues either reaching an Active Directory Domain Controller or a DNS server to resolve the IP address of the SharePoint web site.  I would suspect the former.
    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Friday, June 10, 2011 8:41 AM
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 11:37 AM
  • Refer to the following URL, hope it helps

http://www.networksteve.com/enterprise/topic.php?TopicId=9379

--Cheers
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

• It sounds to me like the computers you are unable to login from are having issues either reaching an Active Directory Domain Controller or a DNS server to resolve the IP address of the SharePoint web site.  I would suspect the former.
    Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 11:37 AM
  • Refer to the following URL, hope it helps

http://www.networksteve.com/enterprise/topic.php?TopicId=9379

--Cheers
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 11:38 AM