none
IE10 Home page issues (Packaged created with IEAK 10) RRS feed

• Question

• The home page is managed via HKLM\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main registry key.

I created an IE10 package to deploy using the IEAK10. I have built several different iterations and they all have the same issue.

Post install and post reboot, the IE Home page is changing to msn.com. I have tried leaving the home page URL blank and selecting the Retain previous Home Page (upgrade). Post install/reboot the home page changes to msn.com. I verified the home page was set to our corporate intranet post install/pre reboot.

have tried entering the current home page URL (corporate intranet) and selecting the Retain previous Home Page (upgrade).Post install/reboot the home page changes to msn.com. I verified the home page was set to our corporate intranet post install/pre reboot. This iteration creates a secondary start page registry key under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main and is set to msn.com also. The HKLM registry key also changes to msn.com.

This is on Windows 7 Enterprise x86.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?

Kevin

Kevin Elwell

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

You can check the following registry on one computer to see how it works.

1. Click "Start", input "regedit" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.

2. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Find the “Start Page” and change the value to the home page you want

Also find “Local Page” and change the value to “C:\Windows\system32\blank.htm”

3. Restart your computer to check the result.

Also, you can refer to the following thread:

IE9 homepage configured by GPO doesn't work

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/e2b66d44-5cb2-4df5-b00c-710b10dc0a34

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:41 AM
  • I too had a similar issue.  If you specify a homepage url, and also click the checkbox to retain the previous home page, you will end up with two homepages.  If you want to specify your corporate homepage as the default, the best solution is to add that URL in IEAK10 as the homepage, and UNcheck the box to retain the previous homepage.

Also, the msn.com page is most likely coming from the machine that you created the package on.  It's best to use a clean machine that has not user settings on it when running the IEAK tool. 

Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:53 PM