I can't install PosReady 9 in a tpv RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It is impossible for me to install windows pos ready in a tpv hp rp5700, loads the files of installation and then it aborts the operation.
     That steps I have to follow  to install a Windows PosReady in a tpv (rp5700)?
     Thank you, its critical for me...

Yolanda..

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:14 AM

Answers

• Yolanda,

We install images to the HP RP5700 all of the time, but not with the RAID configuration.  POSReady installation Wizard has a screen that allows you to provide additional mass storage drivers and will search a Floppy Disk, and perhaps a USB Flash.  The documentation on the DVD provides information about injecting drivers into the image as well.

You may need to touch bases with HP on how to configure this system for using the RAID configuration.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Terry Warwick Microsoft
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Yolanda,

how is the rp5700 configured? Does it have 2 hard drives in a raid configuration? Maybe you need to provide the driver for the raid controller ...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:56 AM
  • Thank you Serge,

yes, it have 2 hard drives in a raid configuration? Can I create a CD with the raid controller files to install without usb floppy?

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 3:24 PM
  • Yolanda,

We install images to the HP RP5700 all of the time, but not with the RAID configuration.  POSReady installation Wizard has a screen that allows you to provide additional mass storage drivers and will search a Floppy Disk, and perhaps a USB Flash.  The documentation on the DVD provides information about injecting drivers into the image as well.

You may need to touch bases with HP on how to configure this system for using the RAID configuration.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Terry Warwick Microsoft
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 6:03 AM