Add BCC recipients to a meeting request (Add it as Resources) not working with Delegates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

As per below article to achieve BCC functionality for meeting, I have tried to add meeting attendees in the Resources field. It works fine like email BCC. However, if particular attendee has added any delegates for his calendar then that delegate would also receive an invite for that meeting and that delegate can see all the recipients. This is something not expected behaviour.

This is very strange behaviour where attendee is not able to see other participants but delegate of that attendee is able to see all the participants. 

Add BCC Recipients to a Meeting Request

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Add-Bcc-recipients-to-a-meeting-request-fcaff39e-7fcd-4a77-81e9-b609c57dadb1?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB&fromAR=1

Can anyone please explain why this exception is and how can we avoid that ? Otherwise we cannot use this workaround for meeting BCC functionality. 

Thanks,

Manoj 

ManojPatel

Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi ManojPatel,

>>This is very strange behaviour where attendee is not able to see other participants but delegate of that attendee is able to see all the participants. 

By this, do you mean the attendee(added to Resources field) cannot see the required attendees(in the To field)?
    How did you create the meeting request?

I tested in my Outlook 2016 by following the instructions in the article below but I cannot reproduce the issue:

https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/calendar/to-cc-or-bcc-a-meeting-request/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Thanks Yuki Sun. Please find my reply below. 

1) By this, do you mean the attendee(added to Resources field) cannot see the required attendees(in the To field)?

--> Since I have added all the participants in the Resource field, individual attendee should not be able to see other attendees. No issue here. It works fine as per the Microsoft link.

However, If that attendee has provided delegate access to anyone then that person would also receive meeting invite on behalf of main attendee so if you check invite on delegate's outlook, you will see all the participants which is not correct behaviour as per my understanding because Attendee is not able to see all the participants (since added in the BCC) then why his/her delegate is able to see ? 

2)  I tested in my Outlook 2016 by following the instructions in the article below but I cannot reproduce the issue:

--> Did you check invite on attendee's delegate machine ? 

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks,

Manoj 

ManojPatel

Friday, May 12, 2017 1:00 PM