none
in EPM: is it possible that a team member looses by project manager accepted hours ? RRS feed

• Question

• does someone know, in which situation it is possible that a team member looses by project manager accepted hours ? 

Situation in Project Server and project plan:

a team member has a task with planned work for him

he booked some hours on his task

he saved the task and submitted it

The project and/or status manager accepted the hours.

--> the team member doesn't see his hours in EPM

--> the project plan doesn't contain the hours 

Murol

• Edited by Murol Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:46 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:04 AM

Answers

• Indeed as I said before, you have to check in the project plan if the actuals are there. If not, and if the PM can modify the actuals manually in the project (refering to the option mentionned by Amol), it is more than likely that someone (the PM?) manually deleted the actuals in the project plan.

You can refer to the transaction history based on your screenshot to enter again the actuals in the project plan:

Then I strongly suggest to force actuals to come only from the task updates or timesheets so you don't face again this issue.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:19 PM
  • You need to open support ticket with Microsoft for that as they have internal tool which will help you to recover the actual hours from transaction history.

Amol

• Marked as answer by Murol Monday, May 18, 2015 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Murol,

Has the approval being successful? To be sure, go to the approval center, click "history" in the ribbon. In the example below, 2 task updates have been approved successfully by the PM but haven't been published.

Has the project plan been published?

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:10 AM
  • yes, the project plan has been publisched. The history of this approval looks like

Murol

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:11 PM
  • In the screenshot you posted in your first question, I can see that the process status (red case) has a status "awaiting". Try to open the project plan and see if the actuals are there. If you look at the same task in the same project, if the task update has been approved and published correectly, it should be ok. Try also to refresh IE cache pressing CTRL F5.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:17 PM
  • Hello Guillaume,

the task has the Awaiting Approval because a later time was booked for the 28.04.2015 and was saved and send to the status manager.

Kind regards

Murol

• Edited by Murol Wednesday, April 29, 2015 1:00 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:59 PM
  • Hi Murol,

You can check "Only allow task updates via Tasks and Timesheets." if this option is checked under Task Settings and Display. 

If its not checked then anybody can delete the actual hours from Project Plan who have access to edit the plan.

You can restore the actual hours from Transaction history.

Amol Pathade *********************************************************** Project Online | Project Server 2010 | Project Server 2013

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:08 PM
  • Hello Amol,

please tell me, how to restore the actual hours from Transaction history?

Thanks and kind regards

Murol

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:42 PM
  • Indeed as I said before, you have to check in the project plan if the actuals are there. If not, and if the PM can modify the actuals manually in the project (refering to the option mentionned by Amol), it is more than likely that someone (the PM?) manually deleted the actuals in the project plan.

You can refer to the transaction history based on your screenshot to enter again the actuals in the project plan:

Then I strongly suggest to force actuals to come only from the task updates or timesheets so you don't face again this issue.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:19 PM
  • You need to open support ticket with Microsoft for that as they have internal tool which will help you to recover the actual hours from transaction history.

Amol

• Marked as answer by Murol Monday, May 18, 2015 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:24 PM
  • Hello,

thank you, I have opened a ticket with Microsoft.

Kind regards

Murol

Monday, May 18, 2015 9:44 AM
  • Hello,

thank you, I have opened a ticket with Microsoft.

Kind regards

Murol

Monday, May 18, 2015 9:45 AM