Shared Computer Tool Kit and SP3. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello:

I have a public computer setup with the last version of Shared Computer Tool Kit before it became Steady State.

At this time I don't have time to reformat it and recover the unallocated disk space that was required with Shared Computer Tool kit. The system is up and running just fine, has been for two years.

So what I am wondering is will this earlier version of the program support SP3 or do I need to replace Shared Computer Tool Kit with Steady State to work with SP3?

If steady state is required I will skip SP3 on this machine until I have more time and am required my Microsoft to have SP3 to get updates or the machine needs reformatted and then I will put in SP3 and Steady State.

Thanks

Sunday, June 15, 2008 12:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

SCT 1.x is not compatible with XP SP3.  There are incompatibilities between the version of the boot loader used by SCT 1.x's Windows Disk Protection and the new bootloader in SP3.

Thanks,

Rob

Sunday, June 15, 2008 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

SCT 1.x is not compatible with XP SP3.  There are incompatibilities between the version of the boot loader used by SCT 1.x's Windows Disk Protection and the new bootloader in SP3.

Thanks,

Rob

Sunday, June 15, 2008 4:46 PM
  • Thanks for your answer. I now know that I will just have to get as many updates on that machine as I can till SP3 is required for updates or sometime before that get the system changed. However since it is just a kiosk machine I can live with it the way it is until I have time.

Thanks Again.

Saturday, June 21, 2008 1:14 AM