none
mouse/keyboard/bluetooth issues RRS feed

• Question

• the first issue i experience is with my mouse and keyboard. logitech K345. wireless mouse/keyboard combo. the best thing i can describe it as is lagging. it's almost if the devices are rapidly disconnecting and reconnecting. sometimes it's tolerable and others it's almost unusable. it has been like this since i first got it years ago. devices work just fine on any other computer. i have tried a plethora of fixes in the 3 years ive had this computer. 

next issue ive had is with the bluetooth. ive got a maxmimus hero 8 alpha mother board which has onboard bluetooth. the bluetooth works fine all the time. however, windows use to flip between having bluetooth availabe and working correctly; to saying that my computer does not have bluetooth at all. not in device manager, nothing. about a year ago it just stopped working all together. i do however know that it works because i have a bluetooth ps3 controller hooked up regularly using SCP Toolkit. it connects and works seemlessly. all the while windows 10 maintains that the system doesn't support bluetooth. 

any suggestions would be appreciated. im going insane.

Monday, December 23, 2019 12:49 AM

All replies

• What I understand that you have to reinstall Bluetooth driver.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

For mouse issue, make sure you use the latest and system compatibility mouse driver. We could download it through device manufacturer website or reboot computer after uninstall mouse driver to load a new one. 

Also we could go to Control Panel\Mouse\Pointer options to check the motion setting. 

Update the existing system version for the latest patches through Settings\Update&Security\Windows Update is also necessary.  

“not in device manager”

Do you mean the driver not exists in device manager?

Update your BIOS driver to the latest version through device manager or manufacturer website. 

Run troubleshooting tool through Settings\Update&Security\troubleshoot\Bluetooth.

We could try to reset system through Setting\Update&Security\recovery\reset this pc to repair this issue. It will not affect on your personal data if we choose "keep your data"

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 7:37 AM
  • i have already tried doing so, to no avail.

Friday, January 3, 2020 2:22 AM
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse driver seems to have worked. i'm very hopeful, although i believe i have tried this before. 

as for bluetooth, it does not exist in the device manager.

i have updated the driver through asus

i tried running the troubleshoot but it tells me the systems doesn't support bluetooth, might have to try system reset.

Friday, January 3, 2020 2:46 AM
  • Hi Michael, 

I would apologize for my late reply. 

What's your device model?

Open Service panel through Search bar, then make sure Bluetooth support service is running well, if not, run it manually.

Did you created a system restore point before the issue occur, if yes, we could restore to previous system with the point.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:55 AM
  • interestingly enough, although uninstalling and reinstalling the driver worked briefly. it's right back to the same behavior as before.

Monday, January 27, 2020 5:14 PM
  • the motherboard is an ASUS Maxiumus hero 8 Alpha. onboard bluetooth.

bluetooth support service is running. unfortunately it never really worked consistently, not to mention any useful restore would be years ago.

Friday, January 31, 2020 7:21 PM
  • i have tried doing so multiple times. does not work. windows still won't recogize it. also, if the driver had issues, how would i be able to use the wireless controller?

Friday, January 31, 2020 7:23 PM
  • Hi Micheal, 

I would apologize for my late reply. 

What's the system version? Please run "winver" to check details build number. 

Or we could update system to the latest through Windows update in settings\Update&Security, to check if the issue persists with latest system version.

Bests, 

Monday, February 3, 2020 6:40 PM
  • 18362.592 is my build number.

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 2:43 PM
  • Hi, 

Thank you for your feedback.

The system version you are using is the latest. Did you tried reset this PC from Settings\Update&Security\Recovery\Reset this PC? It will reserve your personal data if you choose "keep my personal file" which would be help to reset system settings and fix corruption system files.

Bests, 

Thursday, February 6, 2020 2:03 PM