none
BGinfo preview working but after applying nothing happens, no text appears. in windows 10. RRS feed

• Question

• BGinfo preview working but after applying nothing happens, no text appears. in windows 10.

when i click on preview everything works fine, but when i click apply nothing displays, i have tried with different wallpapaers and different positions. still not working.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:45 AM

All replies

• Same problem here!

Already watch all the tutorials on youtube for windows 10.

The GPO copy all the files in the machine, the shortcut icon on startup folder is in place, but nothing happens =(

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 1:07 PM
  • Hmmm not aware of this issue. I just confirmed that the latest public version works in my Windows 10 environment.

Are you able to change the desktop background image manually ?

MarkC (MSFT)

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:27 PM
  • Open your Registry and check key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Winternals\BGInfo -> OutputFile

Most likely it is set to "%TEMP%\BGInfo.bmp"

Check if folder %TEMP% is defined and you have write permissions on it. You may change it to another location.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

Did anyone ever get anywhere with this?

I'm getting the exact same behaviour but only on hi-res screens - Full HD (1920x1080) or thereabout seems to be fine.

Thursday, March 7, 2019 9:49 AM
  • I have seen three issues with BGINFO..

One is you can't use PNG files 

Two is that the words are off the screen (your issue). Play with locations. Took me a bit to figure it out. I also removed the description to improve it. 

Three is people with the rotating back grounds, it does not work. 

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 1:45 PM
  • I'm having this issue as well I'm wondering if it's due to we control the desktop image through a GPO
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 7:33 PM