SharePoint Security Update KB2493987 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need to some information about sharepoint security update.

1.We have automatic updates off in our server but still i see the security update is installed...is it like security updates will be installed irrespective of windows update is on or off?

2.how can we find the date and time when the security update is installed.

I need to give this information for our client.we had problems with security update KB2493987.

Please help.

Thanks

Laxmiprasad

Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Go to control panel --> Add or remove programs.

Here you need to locate this security patch and you will get installed date as well.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, October 24, 2011 6:54 AM
  • Hi Laxmiprasad,

For your first question.

If you have a stand-alone installation of SharePoint, your computer will update automatically if you have Automatic Update enabled. Or you need to download and install them by yourself. However, if you install a hotfix that was released in an installer package on a stand-alone installation, you are prompted to manually run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard.

If you are in a server farm environment, software updates are not installed automatically, even if the Automatic Updates feature is enabled on your Web servers.

For more information, you can refer to article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263467(office.12).aspx

For your second question,

You can find them under update history or add or remove programs(select show updates).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Our is a SharePoint Farm with a App Server and 2 web frontend's for load balancing.

I see SharePoint Security update installed in the control panel -> Add/Remove programs but it doesn't show installed datetime for this security update...:(

Thanks

Laxmiprasad

Monday, October 31, 2011 10:54 AM