none
Resources allocation considerations RRS feed

• Question

• I’m trying to understand how project 2010 is allocating hours to task and I’m little confused – for example when we look at this screen

http://tfs.exaco.pl/xxx/resources.png

I can see that In one day resource has 9 hour allocated instead of normal 8 and there is no highlight and there is 7.5 and there is over allocation – I don’t know what is a logic behind this?

The strange this is also when I open and close projects opened by this person this red highlight disappeared – again what is the magic behind this?

Friday, July 22, 2011 9:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. That person must have 9 hours of possible work in his/her calendar for that day. Nothing magic, check working time in that project ... or in a resoruce pool into which this project is linked. Check with the author wheter he is using a resource pool or not.

2. Overallocation on 7.5 means Project calculates overallocation based on a smaller time unit that the day (hours or minutes) and in that case there is an obverallocation - I suspect the 7 hour task and the 0,5 hour task both start at beginning of day. If you want Project to base overallocation on a day, resoruces ribbon, Leveling options, set leveling time unit on day by day.

Greetings,

Friday, July 22, 2011 10:43 AM