Announcement and Acknowledgement add-on for Skype for Business Server 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I work for a manufacturing company in Florida and we are at the final stages of migrating from our old NEC phone system to an on-premise Skype for Business 2015 server.  We have the server up and running and are making and receiving test phone calls through it without any problems, but we need a feature in the new Skype for Business system and I'm not sure where to start looking for it.<o:p></o:p>

In our old NEC phone system, we have a type of voice mail message alert system with acknowledgement, and here is how it works:<o:p></o:p>

Step 1: A customer calls support line after normal business hours and is routed to a system allowing them to leave a message requesting tech support engineer call them back.<o:p></o:p>

Step 2: The voice mail system attempts to call primary on call person on their plain cell phone (not a smartphone) every 5 minutes for a 30-minute period until the call is answered and the service tech acknowledges the call by pressing a touch tone number during the call.<o:p></o:p>

Step 3: If the primary on-call person does not acknowledge the call within the first 20-mintues, the voice mail system attempts the same process again but includes the secondary on-call person at the same time.  The system will continue to try and deliver the message to the primary and secondary caller until one of them acknowledges receiving the call by pressing a touch tone number during the call.<o:p></o:p>

Can anyone suggest a 3<sup>rd</sup> party solution or an add-on to accomplish this through our Skype for Business 2015 server phone system?<o:p></o:p>

I've suggested to management that we can assign this after hours phone number to a skype account and have it set to simultaneously ring multiple on-call tech support engineer cell phones, but management is adamant about having the calling customer leave a message first and then having the message delivered to the on-call tech support engineer so that the on-call person has time to reach a location where they might be able to provide support to the customer (Our on-call techs travel a great deal and are frequently flying or driving when calls come in).

If anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JEUS_Jensen

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Anthony,

I did manage to find a company named Tiptel selling an answering machine that offers a model Tiptel 545 SD that has the capability of calling out 4 consecutive numbers until someone responds and listens to the message.

Not the solution I'd like to use with a Skype for Business phone system, but I don't see any other way to get this message delivery feature.

Thanks again for your response.

• Marked as answer by JEUS_Jensen Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:21 PM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:21 PM

All replies

• Not sure of a third party app (other than leaving the old NEC system in place for just this tiny aspect) as this is a very specific request.  You're in contact center territory, so you'd want to start reaching out to them but it would be quite expensive.  Your other option would be to have this custom developed for you, but again not likely cheap.  Once management sees the cost, they may opt to keep the NEC for this purpose or relax a bit and allow for the calling of multiple users at once.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:26 PM
  • Hi Anthony,

I did manage to find a company named Tiptel selling an answering machine that offers a model Tiptel 545 SD that has the capability of calling out 4 consecutive numbers until someone responds and listens to the message.

Not the solution I'd like to use with a Skype for Business phone system, but I don't see any other way to get this message delivery feature.

Thanks again for your response.

• Marked as answer by JEUS_Jensen Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:21 PM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:21 PM