none
MDT Technet forum FAQ post - MDT download page wrong? RRS feed

• Question

• I suspect like others, we are waiting for the release of Windows 10 Build 1803.

Our assumption is that an updated version of MDT and the Windows ADK will be needed.  Is that accurate?

But the main reason for my post is regarding the top post in this forum.  This is the "MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide" post.

It references the below:

MDT is available for FREE!  Download from: http://www.microsoft.com/deployment

As I recall this is the page I used to go to, but when you go to this link now, it reroutes you to a different page and it appears this is old information.  I say this because it is referencing "What's new in MDT 2013".

Also, there is no actual downloads available here to download the MDT, or any kind of version history information.

Is there a new, or different, page to find and download MDT?  Just wondering if maybe there is a different place to go now to monitor the MDT versions and see when a new version is released for use with Windows 10 Build 1803.

Thank you.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 7:46 PM

Answers

• There is a new MDT version available (build 8450):

You will indeed need an updated version of ADK to be fully compliant with Windows 10 1803. This does not apply to MDT: the dev team behind the product will periodically push out new versions of MDT (as they did recently to fix a bug plaguing the feature update TS). From my understanding, there are no MDT releases planned for the next few weeks/months. 

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by KHHemmelman Friday, April 6, 2018 1:39 PM
    Friday, April 6, 2018 6:43 AM

All replies

• There is a new MDT version available (build 8450):

You will indeed need an updated version of ADK to be fully compliant with Windows 10 1803. This does not apply to MDT: the dev team behind the product will periodically push out new versions of MDT (as they did recently to fix a bug plaguing the feature update TS). From my understanding, there are no MDT releases planned for the next few weeks/months. 

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by KHHemmelman Friday, April 6, 2018 1:39 PM
    Friday, April 6, 2018 6:43 AM
  • Hi Anton.  Thank you for the info.  I had previously found 8450 with Google searching.  I have to say it's frustrating that my previous link to MDT downloads, and the link in the FAQ above, get re-routed to this page that appears to be old information and doesn't even have a download link.  Lots of folks rely on MDT and I'm not sure why Microsoft doesn't have things properly updated.

I am always questioning myself about version history of MDT and ADK, and if new MDT/ADK versions support previous Windows builds or if existing (older) MDT/ADK versions support new Windows builds.  (Hint to Microsoft: A simple version history page with useful information like this all contained on a single MDT site would be helpful.)

I appreciate your reply and will plan to use MDT 8450 with Windows 10 1803 and wait for a new ADK.

Friday, April 6, 2018 1:39 PM