none
Can I combine 64 bit PPS server with 32 bit SharePoint server? RRS feed

• Question

• I searched and could not find an answer to this.  I am trying to integrate a new BI Server running SSAS, Reporting Services, and PPS Monitoring with an existing SharePoint server.  Unfortunately, the SharePoint server is only running 32-bit OS, but my BI server is running 64-bit OS.  So my question is...

Will it work to install the 64-bit version of PerformancePoint Monitoring on the 64-bit BI Server and the 32-bit version of the "PerformancePoint Dashboard Viewer for SharePoint Services" on the 32-bit SharePoint server and have them function together?  Will this work?  Is it supported?  Recommended?

Thanks!

John Lauer

Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:41 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi John,

Yes you can, please take a look into URL for more details http://www.microsoft.com/business/performancepoint/productinfo/systemrequirements.aspx

Note:  Please make sure to use correct bit install on respective server. 

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:57 PM
  • Thanks for the answer, Sundar.  I had looked at the requirements and saw that I could run all components in 32 or 64 bit, but it still wasn't clear to me if I could mix-and-match between the servers.

John

Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:29 PM
  • Hi John,

I do agree that the documentation is not clear whether it is possible mix and match.  

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:00 PM