none
FIM ECMA 2.0 no-Start-Ma issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am connecting to web service through ECMA 2.0 and got the no-start-ma issue. Also find the eventlog for the MA. When i connect from normal C# code for the same webservice it was working fine.  When I run  full import on my ECMA2.0 its shows this error. 

EVENT 1:

The extensible extension returned an unsupported error.
     The stack trace is:

"Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.TerminateRunException: Web Exception : Unable to connect to the remote server - HTTP Status :  (-1)
       at MobileIron_MA.EzmaExtension.OpenImportConnection(KeyedCollection`2 configParameters, Schema types, OpenImportConnectionRunStep importRunStep)
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.1.3496.0"

EVENT 2:

The management agent controller encountered an unexpected error.

"BAIL: MMS(8328): d:\bt\16961\private\source\miis\ma\extensible\extensionmanager.cpp(620): 0x80230731 (unable to get error text)
    BAIL: MMS(8328): d:\bt\16961\private\source\miis\ma\extensible\extensionmanager.cpp(1463): 0x80230731 (unable to get error text)
    BAIL: MMS(8328): d:\bt\16961\private\source\miis\ma\extensible\import.cpp(404): 0x80231348 (unable to get error text)
    BAIL: MMS(8328): d:\bt\16961\private\source\miis\cntrler\cntrler.cpp(2817): 0x80231348 (unable to get error text)
    ERR_: MMS(8328): d:\bt\16961\private\source\miis\shared\utils\libutils.cpp(10174): Failed to start run because of undiagnosed MA error

EVENT 3:

The management agent "WebService MA" step execution completed on run profile "Full Import (Stage Only)" but the watermark was not saved.

Additional Information
     Discovery Errors       : "0"
     Synchronization Errors : "0"
     Metaverse Retry Errors : "0"
     Export Errors          : "0"
     Warnings               : "0"

Regards,

Sridhar

Sridhar

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 5:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,

as I can see in the log you are some hotfixes behind the current, I've seen a lot of improvements and issue fixing for ECMA in the last few hotfixes. I would give that a try if your code is working in generell.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, April 14, 2016 8:07 AM
  • Hello,

I had similar issues with ECMA 2 MAs, in my case the solution was to create run profiles with only 1 run step (the second step always failed to start).

Csaba

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:01 PM
  • This seems to be an Exception that occurs in the ECMA C# Code.

Web Exception : Unable to connect to the remote server - HTTP Status :  (-1)
       at MobileIron_MA.EzmaExtension.OpenImportConnection(KeyedCollection`2 configParameters, Schema types, OpenImportConnectionRunStep importRunStep)

You should check the internal log of the ECMA Agent (if available) for the agent return code -1 (probably just a generic error code).

If you have access to the Source Code of the ECMA Agent, connect Visual Studio to miisserver.exe in Debug mode to see what happens.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:06 PM