none
Database on MSQL keeps disconnecting and we are looking for solutions RRS feed

• Question

• We are running Sage (a contracting productivity and accounting software) on our server and one of our data sets keeps intermittentaly disconnecting. The main issue is that I have to disconnect the entire database once everyone leaves to restore it, otherwise it will not work.

Sorry if this is a noob question, I am just looking at guidance on things that I can look for in the error logs because I only find out that this file is disconnected when they tell me so.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:11 PM

All replies

• First of all: Contact Sage. I could be that support from them is covered by your license.

What means "data sets keeps intermittentaly disconnecting"?

Why do you need to restore the database? Is the server okay? Did you do a complete health check?

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:15 PM
  • Hi matttechhelp

I'm not familiar with SAGE, is it a MS official applications? If it is a third party app, it may give rise to some issues that we cannot expect. Does the disconnection only occurred when running Sage?

Then I'd like to know have you chased your coworker's action before SQL ended up in disconnection ? I'm not quite sure about the situation, like does it happen randomly or after some certain actions ?

I suggest you check out all your and your coworkers' event logs, and your power management of the system. Please find out the error message, and refer to :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/4009936/solving-connectivity-errors-to-sql-server

Also, Please make sure enough disk space on C: and data-drive, and your wireless is on.

Regards,

Sabrina

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Hi matttechhelp,

I am writing to follow up this thread with you. Have you solved your issue? If you have solved your issue ,in order to close this thread, please kindly mark helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are having this similar issue.  Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sabrina

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 15, 2019 6:01 AM