none
DPM 2012 SP1 CSV cluster RRS feed

• Question

• With older DPM we have always backed up the guests. With this new version can we backup the hosts and get the CSV?

If this is possible is there a best practice or guide out there?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Justus

You can back up VM which are member of Hyper-V Cluster. I have already installed and it works.

Thanks

Murat ER Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:57 PM
  • Your answer is not very clear.

Is it possible to backup the Host nodes that are in a failover cluster using CSV and it would backup the guest OS in the process.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Your answer is not very clear.

Is it possible to backup the Host nodes that are in a failover cluster using CSV and it would backup the guest OS in the process.

as Murat said the when you install the DPM agent on the cluster nodes you can select the VM in the cluster and backup the whole VM

You are able to browse though recovery point on short term storage and recover single items but if you need to recover from long term you need to restore the VM.

Transaction systems like Exchange and SQL will still need a agent if you want granular recover options.

my blog is at http://flemmingriis.com , let me know if you found the post or blog helpfull or leaves room for improvement

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:15 PM
  • No, you cannot backup the host and backup the guests along with the host. You have to backup the guests individually.
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:02 PM