none
IE 11 frequently stops working. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm on an HP Pavilion dv7 with 4MB RAM and 542 GB of free disk space, and Windows latest home pro.

When using IE 11 it frequently stops working, gives me the pop-up window saying so, then reopens IE thus cutting off what I was doing and messing things up for me.

Should I get a fresh copy of IE 11 and, if so, how do I get that?  OR, should I get some software checking device from Microsoft to see if it's corrupted somehow?

Thanks for any help with this.

Larry

Larry

Thursday, June 4, 2015 11:26 PM

All replies

• Can you open the Action Center on the taskbar > Maintenance > View reliability history > View all problem reports

Can you right-click on a few of the "Internet Explorer"  "Stopped working" errors > View technical details

What are the details of the errors?

There is a "Copy to Clipboard" link at the bottom.

Paste the information first into Notepad and then recopy the information from Notepad to post here.

Friday, June 5, 2015 2:05 AM
  • Should I get a fresh copy of IE 11 and, if so, how do I get that?  OR, should I get some software checking device from Microsoft to see if it's corrupted somehow?

Hi Larry,

Numerious factors can cause a crash of IE, you can refer to the following link to fix IE (it mentions the IE performance troubleshooter)

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

If you want a fresh IE 11, then it depends on the system, If you're using Windows 7, then you can uninstall IE 11 in installed Updates under control panel, then update to IE 11 again.

If you're using Windows 8.1, then IE 11 is built-in feature, please locate to control panel\programs and features\Turn windows features on and off, then scroll down to find IE 11, unclick the option, reclick the option, restart your system.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 5, 2015 2:40 AM