Rename Documnet - required delete permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have a library with a custom Content Type (with a couple of fields) and an own Permission Level created for this library: User must be able to edit, add, etc. documents - but never delete one (this is done via a developped workflow) . This is due to policy restrictions for our QMS.

I figured out that users can now do all the things (also edit/Change fields of the document properties) BUT they cannot rename any document - while an admin can.

For tests I added the permission to delete documents: then users were able to change the name.

Is this how it works in Background for permission in SP? Little bit weird to need delete permissions for renaming a document, while Change any other field is possible?

Would be very disapointing, because a lot of man-days went into this for develping a process and workflow in SP to handle our QMS, but to allow deleting files ist not possible - while renaming should (it breaks only the approval ond though can be approved after reviewing again. Dleted is deleted in SharePoint.)

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:22 PM

All replies

• Are you using inplace records management or mandatory checking in/out for instance.

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:37 PM
    Answerer
  • Check-in/out is not mandatory.

Records Management is used in the same site collection, but not on this library:
    The site´s Default RM policy is "Do not allow the manual declaration of records" and the library is set to the sites´s Default. Also there is no policy assigned to the library (and it is not the Drop-Off)

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:42 PM