MY DVD ROM IS NOT WORKING RRS feed

• Question

• hi my name is jamuna. i have a NR Series notebook of SONY VAIO. it works with windows vista 2007 and the program is intel pentium dual core. my problem is the DVD RW drive is not at all working properly. when i insert a disc there will be a sound which repeats 3 three times and the drive will stop its functions. but it was working very nicely a few weeks ago. the device is MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ870QJ ATA. 

This computer bought from USA and now i am in the UK. THE MODEL IS PCG 7Z2L. 

PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. I HOPE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD THE PROBLEM.

THANKING YOU 

JAMUNA M

jamuna
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:08 PM

All replies

• Please try these suggestions: Troubleshoot AutoPlay problems
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi,

It sounds like a faulty hardware issue. It is suggested to send it to repair shop for test.

Apart from that, in case the driver became correct, it is suggested roll back the driver or perform system restore on the Operating system side.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 9:50 AM