none
DPM 2010 & Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• General discussion

• So I've had my DPM sync with exchange 2010 every hour for the past year so and everythings been cool no errors. About a month or two ago I started getting errors in DPM indicating that :

Recovery point creation jobs for Exchange Mailbox Database Archive Database on KDNAP-MBX01. have been failing. The number of failed recovery point creation jobs = 1.
     If the datasource protected is SharePoint, then click on the Error Details to view the list of databases for which recovery point creation failed. (ID 3114)

Data consistency verification check failed for LOGS of Exchange Mailbox Database Archive Database on KDNAP-MBX01. (ID 30146 Details: Access is denied (0x80070005))

What I've noticed is the mailbox assistant will run while it is trying to do a sync, I've searched the internet and I've seen that this will cause problems. I've set the mailbox assistant from running every 4 hrs to 8 hrs and I've got less errors in DPM. However it still does occur. I think what has happpened here is that my archive database has grown larger over time and it takes the mailbox assistant longer to run now.

My question is, is there a way to get DPM to stop the mailbox assistant (Probably not) while doing a incremental or full backup

Or is there a way to get DPM to check if there is an event running prior to doing its backup some sort of maint window thing?

This error does clear itself up after the Mailbox assistant finished and DPM on its normal schedule next hour does it's sync. I just find it annoying that this is happening. Anyone else  have an similar problem or a work around?

• Edited by Mike_Kubi Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:49 PM

All replies