P3P: CP="ADFS doesn't have P3P policy, please contact your site's admin for more details." RRS feed

• Question

• I have ADFS 3.0 installed adn federated with Office 365.

When trying to sign in to OWA with an Office 365 mailbox, I am redirected to the ADFS server as it should.

When I enter my password, nothing happens and the password field is returned to blank.

If I enter a bad password I get the error message saying you have entered a bad username or PW.

But when entering the valid PW, nothing happens.

Using fiddler, I can see P3P: CP="ADFS doesn't have P3P policy, please contact your site's admin for more details."

Can anyone assist with resolving this?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:44 PM

Answers

• The P3p message has nothing to do with the authentication issue.

So when you say you have the same problem, what do you mean? Please open a new thread with the description of the issue. You can discard the P3P information as it is not related.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:01 AM

All replies

• P3P is obsolete now. ADFS set the value "ADFS doesn't have P3P policy, please contact your site's admin for more details." of P3P just as-is. You can safely ignore this.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:43 PM
  • That is just what I saw in a fiddler trace.

The behavior I am seeing is that when I enter my password, nothing happens and the password field is returned to blank.

If I enter a bad password I get the error message saying you have entered a bad username or PW.

But when entering the valid PW, nothing happens.Have you ever seen this behavior before?

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 11:44 PM
  • Hard to tell like this. Are you using an Non Claim Aware relying party trust?

Anyhow, this is not related to your P3P message. That you can safely ignore.

I would recommend you to post a new message here and describe your configuration. Thanks!

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:15 PM
  • Did this get resolved? I am having the same issue.
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:32 PM
  • The P3p message has nothing to do with the authentication issue.

So when you say you have the same problem, what do you mean? Please open a new thread with the description of the issue. You can discard the P3P information as it is not related.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:01 AM