none
Java Install error 1603 on Java 8u45 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having issues getting Java to Install on a Windows 7 Pro PC in a stand alone environment.  Error Code 1603.  Java is needed on this PC to be able to print shipping labels from FEDEX.com. I am trying to install using the administrator account. I have removed previous versions of Java. I have  removed the MS updated KB2918614. The java uninstall tool doesn't run because Java is required to run the java uninstall tool.  I have run multiple Microsoft Fixit Tools.  This is the second PC I have had this error with in this office. Does anyone have any thing more to offer that might assist me. I have "Google'd" this error for 2 weeks now.  Help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You!

Friday, April 24, 2015 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to official site of Oracle, This is a known issue with Microsoft KB2918614The root causes of these errors are under investigation. If this error still persists after uninstalled this update.

You could try following zooeyhall’s suggestion to download and install a previous version of Java or try creating a new administrative user account and install Java with the new account.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/78ac199b-316b-4fbc-8b2b-2c90e5425ff0/java-install-errors

Regarding to JAVA installation error, I’d suggest that we post at JAVA forum for further support. There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with it. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2015 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to official site of Oracle, This is a known issue with Microsoft KB2918614The root causes of these errors are under investigation. If this error still persists after uninstalled this update.

You could try following zooeyhall’s suggestion to download and install a previous version of Java or try creating a new administrative user account and install Java with the new account.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/78ac199b-316b-4fbc-8b2b-2c90e5425ff0/java-install-errors

Regarding to JAVA installation error, I’d suggest that we post at JAVA forum for further support. There you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with it. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2015 4:59 AM
  • The Java error 1603 can be fixed by going to the registry editor and deleting the Java_Options_ in the environment under current user.

this should help hopefully it took me 4 months to find this fix while it may not be for everyone hopefully it helps you

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:47 AM
  • Just try to disable your antivirus before installing java. It helped for me
    Monday, May 8, 2017 1:59 PM