Migrating AD Exchange 2013 Objects to a new AD Domain RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client 'new company' (NC) who is splitting from the 'parent company' (PC).  They are using a 3rd party tool to conduct the AD migration/split.  The PC AD domain is on Windows 2012 Servers and has trust relationship with the NC AD domain also running on windows 2012 server.  The users and computers have been successfully migrated/stubbed to the NC domain, however, the Exchange 2013 objects are not migrating over to the NC AD domain using the 3rd party AD migration tool.   
    Question, does any one have suggestions on how to migrate the exchange 2013 objects from the PC AD to the NC AD ?

What techniques can be used ?

Thanks in advance 

RK

• Edited by RehmanAKhan Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:01 AM heading
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 3:44 AM

All replies

• You have exchange 2010 or Exchange 2013 in NC domain?

Check this for cross forest mailbox moves - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633491(v=exchg.150).aspx

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:25 AM
  • What 3rd party tool are you using and have you contacted their support already? You can use the native tools to migrate mailboxes (I do all the time) but I wouldn't try and mix the native tools and a 3rd party tool on the same migration unless I was sure what the end result would be.
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:18 AM