System re-roll, and no steadystate application to turn off Disk Protection RRS feed

• Question

•  

Seems I'm in a little trouble here, I installed Steadystate on 15 machines, and only one of them did this.  Rolled the machine back to what seems like day 1 that I bought it.  Nothing installed, even no shortcuts to Steadystate?

The bubble comes up at the start, "Save Files etc" but when I try re-install, it flashes up, and then nothing..  If I try the applications in the folder where is installed, they flash up also, and nothing.

1 Dead computer in my cafe now, thanks to this program, can anyone help on how to uninstall it? 

Adam.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hi Adam,

Uninstall SteadyState

------------------------

To uninstall SteadyState, please try Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel first. If it failed, you can refer to the following thread to remove related registry keys and then reinstall the program:

Unable to uninstall Steady State

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2122443&SiteID=69

By the way, it seems the issue was caused by some system problems, please scan for virus/spyware to make sure the system is clean. You can also reinstall the system to start all over.

Windows Tour & IE settings

------------------------

If you have Windows Disk Protection (WDP) enabled, please make sure these changes have been retained. Please also make sure all the programs & settings have been configured properly before locking a user account.

Best Regards,

Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:32 AM

All replies

•  

Oh, by the way, I have to take the windows tour every time I start the machine, that is how far back it re-rolled.  Also have to set the explorer settings..   frustrating.......  Stick out tongue
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:26 AM
  • Hi Adam,

Uninstall SteadyState

------------------------

To uninstall SteadyState, please try Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel first. If it failed, you can refer to the following thread to remove related registry keys and then reinstall the program:

Unable to uninstall Steady State

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2122443&SiteID=69

By the way, it seems the issue was caused by some system problems, please scan for virus/spyware to make sure the system is clean. You can also reinstall the system to start all over.

Windows Tour & IE settings

------------------------

If you have Windows Disk Protection (WDP) enabled, please make sure these changes have been retained. Please also make sure all the programs & settings have been configured properly before locking a user account.

Best Regards,

Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:32 AM