cannot send email via mailmerge RRS feed

• Question

• I can send text emails and attachments from the mail merge but an HTML email will not get sent.  I am using word 2003.  Appreciated you can help.

Thanks/Fanny

Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Fanny,

From your description, I understand that you cannot send HTML emails. If I have misunderstood your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know. We will work together to resolve this specific issue through the course of the case.

Regarding this issue, I suggest let’s create a new profile to troubleshoot this issue.

Here are the detailed steps on how to create a new profile to test this issue
    ==============
     1. Exit Outlook.
     2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

Mail appears in different Control Panel locations depending upon the version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, Control Panel view selected, and whether a 32- or 64-bit operating system or version of Outlook is installed.

The easiest way to locate Mail is to open Control Panel in Windows, and then in the Search box at the top of window, type Mail. In Control Panel for Windows XP, type Mail in the Address box.

Note    The Mail icon appears after Outlook starts for the first time.

The title bar of the Mail Setup dialog box contains the name of the current profile. To select a different existing profile, click Show Profiles, select the profile name, and then click Properties.

3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.
     4. Click Add.
     5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.
     6. Highlight the profile, and choose Properties. Then Email Accounts.., add your email account in the profile.
     7. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

If the issue still persists, let’s refer to the following KB article to troubleshoot this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514#method4

Best Regards,

Nick Wan

• Marked as answer by Nick Wan Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:25 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 1:28 AM