locked
How can I fix orphaned WSS3.0 Folder objects using Powershell? RRS feed

  • Question

  • This is for Sharepoint WSS3.0. 

    Under one SharePoint web site, some of documents folders became invisible.  The WSS search is able to locate those files, but the parent folders are no longer accessible from the regular user interace.  

    After exploring with Powershell, I found that some folder objects contains null or invalid values under the following attributes:

      ContainingDocumentLibrary (00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000)

      ParentListId (00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000)

      ContentTypeOrder (null)

    Other than that, the objects still contains valid subfolders and then files.

    My question is, how can I fix this problem so that those folders would be accessible with regular user interface, instead of search screen only.  Thanks in advance of your help!


    • Edited by Somugo Friday, January 25, 2013 8:57 PM clarification
    Friday, January 25, 2013 8:56 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

    This question would better suited if you opened a support ticket.  A one size fits all type of script will most likely not work in this scenario.

    Typically we would suggest that you run the detect orphans command: stsadm –o databaserepair before we do any type of object model work.  Or try an export/import to see if it corrects the orphaning.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263282.aspx

    As a bullet point from that link, this seems to describe your issue:

    • A document that does not have a parent document library

    Regards, Savoeurn Va Microsoft Online Community Support

    Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:08 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

    Thanks,

    Entan Ming

    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

    If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.


    Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, January 28, 2013 2:50 AM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Entan for looking into this.  If you need more information, please feel free to let me know.  I assume those orphaned objects could be reattached to some other list/library/folder, but I am not sure how to proceed at this point.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Hi,

    This question would better suited if you opened a support ticket.  A one size fits all type of script will most likely not work in this scenario.

    Typically we would suggest that you run the detect orphans command: stsadm –o databaserepair before we do any type of object model work.  Or try an export/import to see if it corrects the orphaning.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263282.aspx

    As a bullet point from that link, this seems to describe your issue:

    • A document that does not have a parent document library

    Regards, Savoeurn Va Microsoft Online Community Support

    Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:08 PM