Query regarding Office 365 On Demand - support for COM Add-ins RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

could you please let me know if COM add-ins are supported in Word/Excel/PowerPoint streamed and launched through Office On Demand?
    I created a sample VS2012 VSTO Word addin but the Add-in wizard did not allow that to load (got error as not a valid add-in).
    I am trying to re-use an add-in here which is used by Word 2013 (full Desktop version) in another machine.

few more details (I have Office 365 Developer Pack trial subscription) :

> I installed Office 2010 Professional Plus in my machine

> Launched Word (2013) from 'Office On Demand' from my Office 365 portal (from OneDrive). It runs side-by-side with my Word 2010.

> In the above machine, a sample COM add-in which can be loaded by Word 2010, could not be loaded by the Word 2013 which was streamed by 'Office on Demand'. Note: From that streamed Word 2013, I could select 'File->Options->Add-ins->COM Add-ins' but could not 'Add' any addin dlls (getting '..not a valid Office Add-in' error).

Can you please confirm if Add-in(s) are supported in streamed desktop version of Office and/or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sadagoban

Friday, May 23, 2014 9:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I can confirm add-ins are not supported in Office on Demand, to work with add-ins, you have to have an installation of Office.

Thanks,

Melon Chen

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here
    • Marked as answer by sadagoban Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:01 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 2:27 AM