Problem in Deploying WindowsUpdateDiagnostic Troubleshooter via SCCM into remote machines RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I need help in running the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab Troubleshooter into patching failed machines via Psexec / SCCM Software Distribution.

I have many machines in my infra running into installing updated via SCCM SUM. I have randomly picked few machines and ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab on affected Windows 7 machines and fixed the many major issues.

So I am looking for some help in deploying this troubleshooter utility via any method on failure machines to fix the issue.

I dont find command line / Blog to run this utility in a background with out user intervention.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Saravanan Nagalingamm,

Based on my understanding, you want to run WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab unattended, please check this post, test if Dave's reply could be of help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/9e2e08c1-e2f7-418e-a479-8c66029672e0/running-windowsupdatediagnosticdiagcab-unattended-on-server-2008-r2-and-2012-r2?forum=winservergen

Running a troubleshooter from the command line:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mattbie/2010/11/09/running-a-troubleshooter-from-the-command-line/

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:07 AM
  • Hello Anne,

Thanks for your Response :)

I tried to use below command to run the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab on Windows 7 machines. But it didn't work as expected. Its just opened up the wizard prompting to click next rather than executing the tool. Could you please help me to provide exact command /modifications that need to ran silently with out user intervention or any inputs.

msdt.exe /cab C:\temp\WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab

Guys Any Help??

Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:58 AM
  • Hi Saravanan Nagalingamm,

Have you got the right command or have a good workaround?

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 2:41 AM
  • Hi Anne,

Thanks for getting back on this. I didn't get right syntax to run this diagcab utility in silent method.  When ever i try to use few command as suggested by few forums / blogs, its trying to opening cab file instead of installing it. I am looking for some command line to execute silently with some logging option to review the results.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Saravanan Nagalingam

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:59 AM
  • Hello Saravanan,

This post is from a long time ago, but I have the same issue you have, have you got the answer?

Thanks

Friday, October 26, 2018 4:04 PM