DHCP Issues with Netgear WNDR3700 Router RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,
    This may or may not be a Netgear problem, but I am wondering if anyone else has seen this.
    Our office is using a WNDR3700 v1 router. It does have the latest firmware. 
    Everything has been excellent with this router since day 1, about 6 months ago. 
    Recently, a couple users have been getting IP Address conflicts when they bring their laptops out of standby in the morning. When we check out the problem, these two computers are trying to use IP Addresses that are statically assigned to some of our servers, and they are NOT in the DHCP address range, which is the default 192.168.1.100 - 254. The IP Addresses the laptops are trying to use are things like 192.168.1.3 or 192.168.1.11. 
    When I go to the Add Reservation page to look at the table of clients, those IPs are correctly identified as the servers. 
    The only thing those two laptops have in common is that they are both Windows XP SP3. My Windows 7 laptop does not have an issue.
    Also, both users are pretty sure that their home routers are set to DHCP ranges above 192.168.1.100 as well, although they are probably also on the same subnet. 
    I know I could go and change our office subnet, but why all of a sudden problems now? 
    The possibilities have come down to:
    -- WNDR3700 bug
    -- Windows XP problem
    -- A Hijack or Virus
    The last time this happened I did a full factory reset of the router and it happened again after that. 
    Ideas?
    Friday, July 1, 2011 3:15 PM

All replies