none
"An error has occurred" Password Reset RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

After typing new password on Password Reset portal and then click Next, I got the error "An error has occurred. Please try again, and if the problem persists, contact your help desk or system administrator. (Error 3000)"

In the Event Viewer, I have seen the error with the right time when the error occurred.

The server encountered an unexpected error while performing an operation for the client.
     "BAIL: MMS(5284): d:\bt\9394412\private\source\miis\server\server\server.cpp(8052): 0x80070005 (Access is denied.)
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.1.2273.0"

• Log Name: Application
    • Source: FIMSynchronizationService
    • EventID: 6306

Anybody had the same error before? I'm using FIM 2010 R2.

Regards,
    -T.s

Thuan Soldier
    SharePoint Vietnam | Blog | Twitter

Friday, August 31, 2012 5:00 PM

Answers

• that's from event log, isnt it?

could you enable verbose of errors on password reset portal and post it here? i found that they sometimes differ.

you could also try to use this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824695(v=ws.10)

you should carefully look through it, check all of these:

• Add CORP\FIMService to the local FIMSyncBrowse and FIMSyncPasswordSet groups
    • Enable password management on the AD Management Agent
    • Enable CORP\FIMService privileges in WMI on FIM1
    • Allow WMI traffic through the Windows Firewall on FIM1
    • Enable DCOM for CORP\FIMService on FIM1

well, if done by this guide it should work ;)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:16 PM

All replies

• If you haven't already - check this doc on SSPR setup

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj134282(v=ws.10).aspx

especially the rights to assign to the AD MA account so that it can manage passwords.

The section is titled - "assign rights in AD DS to allow the Active Directory management agent account to reset passwords and unlock accounts"

It sounds like the user account many not have permission to make the password changes

Frank C. Drewes III - Architect - Oxford Computer Group

Friday, August 31, 2012 5:20 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have configured what your suggested article guided, but it still doesn't work.

Still get the below error once Password Reset error occurs like the above image.

The server encountered an unexpected error while performing an operation for the client.

"BAIL: MMS(996): d:\bt\9394412\private\source\miis\server\server\server.cpp(8052): 0x80070005 (Access is denied.)
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.1.2273.0"

I don't know if rollup hotfix could fix this problem. Is there anywhere else excepting Event Viewer I can find out exact log?

Regards,
    -T.s

Thuan Soldier

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 2:50 PM
  • enable verbose of errors on sspr and post log here.
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 4:58 PM
  • I have got detail log:

"

The error page was displayed to the user.

Details:

Title: Error

Message: An error has occurred. Please try again, and if the problem persists, contact your help desk or system administrator. (Error 3000)

Source:

Attributes:

Details: System.InvalidProgramException: Error while performing the password reset operation: PWUnrecoverableError

at Microsoft.IdentityManagement.CredentialManagement.Portal.Reset.AttemptToResetPassword()

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

CorrelationId: 

RequestId:

ErrorCode: 3000

CaughtTime: 09/04/2012 10:47:38

Web Portal: FIM Password Reset Portal

Session Id: w4dibs5505np4o55neftqp55

IP Address: 192.168.9.25"

Thuan Soldier

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:18 PM
  • that's from event log, isnt it?

could you enable verbose of errors on password reset portal and post it here? i found that they sometimes differ.

you could also try to use this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824695(v=ws.10)

you should carefully look through it, check all of these:

• Add CORP\FIMService to the local FIMSyncBrowse and FIMSyncPasswordSet groups
    • Enable password management on the AD Management Agent
    • Enable CORP\FIMService privileges in WMI on FIM1
    • Allow WMI traffic through the Windows Firewall on FIM1
    • Enable DCOM for CORP\FIMService on FIM1

well, if done by this guide it should work ;)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 7:16 PM