none
Company Protection Policy not fully applied RRS feed

• Question

• I am running DPM 2010 with the March roll-up, all clients are version 3.0.7707.0
    Protecting XP SP3 and Win 7 clients (31 clients in a pilot)
    Agent is installed via SCCM 2007 and attached manually on the DPM server
    Protection policy to require Desktop, Favorites, and My Documents, and prohibit My Music, My Pictures, My Video
    .avi,.iso,.m4a,.m4v,.mov,.mp3,.pst file exclusions
    Protection to disk, 21 days retention, synch every 2 hours, recovery points @ 10AM, 1PM, 4PM

I have a handful of clients, both XP SP3 and Win7 that get only part of the protection policy - for synchronization and Recovery point creation, but not for files to protect or exclude.  Viewing the protection policy on the client, the "Files to be automatically protected" and "Files ecluded from protection" are empty.

Since there are no files to protect, the client never synchronizes with the server.  If I try to force a

consistency check it fails with error ID 32521: "The consistency check failed to trigger for client datasource as client initialization is pending.  This will happen automatically when the client computer connects to the DPM server."  Create recovery point fails with error ID 31207: Cannot perform creation of a recovery pointon a replica which is pending manual replica creation.  Complete the manual creation of the replica and then retry this operation."  there is a link that takes me to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg232572.aspx which says "At this time, no additional information is available for this error."

I have tried the manual connection SetDpmServer.exe -dpmServerName <client> and then the Attach-ProductionServer.ps1 script on the DPM server, which says it was successful, but the settings are still not there.  if a client manually checks off any folder to protect, the client will try to synch with the server and I can then create a recovery point, but only for the folders manually selected.

Is there a registry entry, ini file, or some other setting that could be causing this?  My pilot is going well, and for the clients that do not have this problem, the users are very happy with the product.  But having to troubleshoot clients this much could put an end to the project.

Hope I can get this resolved!

Friday, July 1, 2011 1:36 PM

All replies