locked
Store not showing RRS feed

  • Question

  • Good morning all,

    I've installed a new exchange 2010 sp1 server in our environment.  Our existing server is exchange 2003 sp2 running under windows 2003 SBS.  The install seemed to go through ok but I can't see the mailbox store for some reason.  I've created a test user in active directory and am trying to move it from dc01 (the old server) to dc02 (the new server).

    From the old server I try and move the mailbox and I can see the new server, but under mailbox store it's blank.  On the new server I try and move a user and under database it says "object not found".

    I've checked and the database is mounted correctly.  I tried adding a second database but this didn't help.  I ran best practice analyser, it brought up two errors re schema but don't think these are related.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:32 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Is there a mailbox Store on the Excahnge Server Organisation configuration - Mailbox? What are the two errors the BPA shows you?

     


    regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 11:50 AM
  • Is there a mailbox Store on the Excahnge Server Organisation configuration - Mailbox?

    Yes, it's mounted and active.

    What are the two errors the BPA shows you?

    Health scan gives unknown schema extension version and unrecognized exchange signature.

    Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:03 PM
  • Are you moving the mailbox from the 2003 console it sounds like it. You need to move the mailbox using the move-request using 2010.

    Move Mailboxes from Exchange 2003 Servers to Exchange 2010 Servers

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638187.aspx


    James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Yep, tried it on 2003 and 2010, when doing a move request in 2010 under database it says "object not found".

    Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:37 PM
  • I've just found this: http://www.msexchangeblog.nl/2011/02/15/object-not-found-error-when-moving-mailbox-from-exchange-2003-to-exchange-2010/

    Looks good, I've added the new server to the group, let's wait and see if it helps anything...

    • Marked as answer by ErnestWorthing Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:01 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Good catch, I would've assumed the Exchange install preps would've taken care of that. Let us know if it works.
    James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Hi ErnestWorthing,

    Any update for your issue, hope more information from you.
    Please follow below, and make a test again:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998240(EXCHG.80).aspx

    Regards!
    Gavin
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:16 AM
  • Sorry chaps, looks like the group membership was the cause, all working ok now.

    Thanks for help.

    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:02 AM