none
How To Get The Latest Power Query for "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been forced to start using difference Office license. I went from O365 for Business to Professional Plus 2016.

The Professional version has a ton of Power Query features missing. Is there a possibly to somehow force update so I can get the latest Power Query features?

I have found this page earlier: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-Office-365-commercial-customers-can-get-early-access-to-new-Office-2016-features-4dd8ba40-73c0-4468-b778-c7b744d03ead?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

...but this does not apply to Professional Plus 2016 channel, that link only talks about O365 versions.

I have built a ton of reports with the latest power query features (e.g. with the various merge options) and I am afraid all of those report will no longer work on my PC.

Just so we are clear: I see Power Query in Excel under Get & Transform, but I am missing like 6 months of updates.

DZ

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi

For users that are not part of O365 subscription, the way to get Query editor updates is via the latest Product Update (PU) which you can get through Windows Update.

Best

Eli

Sunday, December 11, 2016 4:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

to my knowledge, Power Query is included with Excel 2016.  It has been renamed and is now on the Data tab of the Ribbon in the Get & Transform section.

Power Query is now included on the Get & Transform section of the Data Tab. There is nothing to install.

thanks

diramoh

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:47 PM
  • Just so we are clear: I see Power Query, but I am missing like 6 months of updates.

DZ

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 2:48 PM
  • For clarity, Power Query is an add-in for Excel 2010 and Excel 2013. The functionality of Power Query is integrated into the Get & Transform group in Excel 2016.

Anyway, can you not use File-->Account-->Office Updates-->Update Now?

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:26 PM
  • See, that's the thing - there is no "update" option in the Professional version.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:29 PM
  • Oh, come to think of it, the option exists only for Office 365 updates. Unless I'm mistaken, standalone versions of Office are updated via Windows updates.
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:49 PM
  • Yes, maybe... So now my question is how to force my Excel to get the latest updates?
    Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:52 PM
  • Hi

For users that are not part of O365 subscription, the way to get Query editor updates is via the latest Product Update (PU) which you can get through Windows Update.

Best

Eli

Sunday, December 11, 2016 4:20 PM
  • I have a resolution:

I turned out that after I restarted my pc once or twice, all the updates were installed, including Power Query November update (e.g. Query Dependencies)...

So overall, false question.

DZ

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:28 AM