Cannot get Streaming Media through Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PC? RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this question on Microsoft Community and was told to post it here instead.

I use PLEX on Windows 7 Ult. it is my server (PMS). I upgraded my second PC to Windows 10 and when I am using Microsoft Edge to stream movies it doesn't see the content of my server. If I use Internet Explorer 11 on that same PC it works just fine. Is there something that can be done to get the streaming through Microsoft Edge. I am hesitating to convert my server (my first PC) to Windows 10

My Antivirus is Microsoft essentials. The 2 computers are on the same network

Thanks

Robert

RobertBernier_626

My answer was to do what the Plex support wrote in there instructions which consisted of using this:

server ip:32400/web in Microsoft Edge Browser. Everything works very well.

Sorry and Thanks to

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, August 14, 2015 6:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Your best bet is to contact PLEX as we have no knowledge of their software.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, August 15, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Hi J.B.P.R

Did the PLEX need any add-ons to support it?

One of the biggest difference between the Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer is that Microsoft Edge won`t support any add-ons.

Considering this issue is related to third party product and we are lack of the resources to configure, I agree with ZigZag, it is recommended to ask for help from the third party support for help.

At present, we could use the Internet Explorer 11 to work with PLEX.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 5:40 AM