none
Microsoft Games Not Working

Question

• I have Windows 10 and have been playing the Microsoft Solitaire and Microsoft Mahjong Collections.  They were working fine.  All of a sudden, they will no longer open. Is there a fix?
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 1:20 PM

Answers

• Hi pscbacon,

Based on your description, it seems that these apps may be corrupted.

First, try the Powershell commands:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I suggest that we may also try to uninstall the Microsoft Solitaire and Mahjong Collections apps and download it again from Windows Store, then check the result.

In addition, if the problem still persists, most of these issue occurs due to problem of user profile, create another PC account and test the game, if it works properly with new account, try following steps and fix your current.

Please refer to the link:

Fix a corrupted user account: (also applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7

Best Regards,

Tao

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 2:04 PM

All replies

• You could try to uninstall these games. Then go the Windows Store and download and reinstall them.
    Monday, January 25, 2016 6:43 PM
  • Hi pscbacon,

Based on your description, it seems that these apps may be corrupted.

First, try the Powershell commands:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I suggest that we may also try to uninstall the Microsoft Solitaire and Mahjong Collections apps and download it again from Windows Store, then check the result.

In addition, if the problem still persists, most of these issue occurs due to problem of user profile, create another PC account and test the game, if it works properly with new account, try following steps and fix your current.

Please refer to the link:

Fix a corrupted user account: (also applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7

Best Regards,

Tao

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 2:04 PM
  • I tried this, uninstalled the Microsoft Solitaire Collection and went to the Windows Store to reinstall and it said I already owned this game so it did nothing.  Now the game is gone and I have no solution.  This is BS.  Why won't MS answer or solve anyone's problems with these games?   
    Friday, February 02, 2018 5:34 PM